Why use a REALTOR®?
Why Use A REALTOR®?Only real estate professionals who belong to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS may call themselves REALTORS®. REALTORS® are pledged to a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. Working for America's property owners, the National Association provides a facility for professional development, research and exchange of information among its members and to the public and government for the purpose of preserving the free enterprise system and the right to own real property.
Selling Your Home
Here are some ways a REALTOR® can help you sell your home:
- A REALTOR® is knowledgeable of the market and gives you quick exposure to the maximum number of buyers.
- A REALTOR® qualifies prospects as to their affordable price range and housing needs.
- A REALTOR® knows current real estate values and can help you set a realistic, competitive price. This skilled professional knows how to merchandise your home effectively.
- A REALTOR® is familiar with the local home loan market and can help you determine whether seller-assisted financing may expedite your sale.
- A REALTOR® can figure the net proceeds from your sale, taking into account your outstanding loan balance, closing costs, and possible owner financing.
- A REALTOR® can tap an even larger market through referrals and marketing techniques.
- A REALTOR® frees you from the problems associated with showing your home; handles phone inquiries, appointments, showings, and negotiations of the contract. Your home is shown only to serious, qualified buyers.
- A REALTOR® maintains objectivity in presenting offers and counter-offers.
- A REALTOR® can familiarize you with the closing procedures by explaining them all in advance.
Buying a Home
Here are some ways a REALTOR® can help you in your home purchase:
- A REALTOR® has extensive information all in one place about what is "on the market," including homes listed by other REALTORS. You won't waste time looking at unsuitable homes.
- A REALTOR® helps you determine how much home you can afford, how you can acquire the down payment, and what financing options may be open to you.
- A REALTOR® can help you find the home best suited for your needs size, style, features, location, accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping, etc.
- A REALTOR® can suggest simple changes that could make a prospective home more suitable for you and improve its utility and value.
- A REALTOR® can supply information on real estate values, taxes, utility costs, and municipal services and facilities.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to a home, can be objective about it, and can point out its advantages and disadvantages.
- A REALTOR® can act as a conduit through which you and the seller present offers and counter-offers until an agreement is reached.
- A REALTOR® can familiarize you with the closing procedures by explain them all in advance.